Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Doughnuts


Time to share a recipe.  I use this as my "comfort" food.  When ever an event has occurred and I want to take a "comfort" food to a friend, this is what I take.  I can get them made fast in the morning and deliver them while they are hot and fresh, when they are best.
  Doughnuts
1 cup warm water            3 tablespoons sugar             1 package dry yeast           1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon salt                 3 tablespoons melted shortening                                    3 cups flour        
vegetable oil for frying
Combine water, sugar, and yeast in bowl.  Let stand until foamy.  Add egg, salt, shortening, and flour, mix well.  Roll out dough on floured board.  Cut into doughnuts.  Let rise on slightly greased waxed paper for 30 minutes.  Fry in deep hot oil until golden brown; drain.  Roll in sugar  or frosting.
 


Yum, Yum!

No comments: