Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Life Thru a Lady's Purse......

FYI...…contents of this blog may not be of interest to my male blog followers.  But by all means, totally feel free to read!  (Yes, I am smiling...)
Have you ever thought about the life of a ladies purse?  Or what a purse says about that Lady?  Ya, me neither..........until the other day.  I was helping my mom switch to a new purse and it got me thinking about all the different purses she has had in her life time and how the contents change through the years.  So this is how I picture her purses through out her 85 years.

Her first purse when she was a little girl, was probably just for church or perhaps Easter.  It was small and in it I'm thinking was a tissue and if she was lucky a penny or two. 
Her next purse was maybe when she was a teenager. It would have been a little bigger but yet still small. The contents were probably tissue, money, comb, and "female item".   
As a young adult, the contents grew, to include tissue, money, brush,"female item", gum, makeup, a wallet, and pictures.
Then as a mother, the size more then doubled to hold tissue, money, hair brush, "female item", cheerios, snacks, credit cards, toys, and wet wipes. 
As a grandmother, the contents included tissue, money, wallet, credit cards, lipstick, gum, candy, lots of pictures, an address book and pen/paper.....and maybe some snacks. 
Now to the preset purse.  I'm not sure what we would call these years, the elder years?  Whatever they are, what's in her purse now is a wallet, credit cards, pictures, tissue, a pad for "leakage", and an extra change of underwear.  (and DO NOT tell her I said this!)
So if you want to know what stage of life a lady is in, just check her purse.  And a little advice......make sure your purse in your "elder"
stage of life is a stylish one cuz the contents are not that flattering. 

No comments: