Sunday, December 6, 2015

Fair Weather Farmer I Am......

Soooo I have been with my Farmer on the farm for 35 years.  I've always considered myself a fair weather farmer.  Meaning....if the weather is really yucky outside I have always found a reason why I could not help that day.  You know, all of a sudden I have to vacuum, do laundry, or do book work.  Things I put off doing cuz I dont want to, unless there is something else that I don't want to do worse.  Haha.  Well....I have decided its time for me to step up to the plate and help my Farmer more....good days and bad.   Today I am really wondering if this is such a good idea.  Once again it is snow/raining, we are moving hay, working with the calves, everything outside, and I am not liking it.   I do have on my flannel lined pants (love these..and the flannel is pink and purple so they are stylin), I have my big heavy ugly boots on (so every step is a total workout), and I have my rabbit fur winter hat (which isnt quite as nifty as my Farmers coyote hat, but its more stylin).  So basicly I am totally bundled up, and can hardly move.  It is a great workout though.  Right now I am sitting in the pickup warming up.  Im really not that cold, just kind of miserable, but its my excuse. Hehe.  I am starting to remember that I have some book work that is due tomorrow.  Oh wait.  Maybe I have company coming tomorrow.  Maybe I better go clean house. I am sure there is something that needs done.
Dang,  I am just not cut out for this working come rain snow sleet or yucky weather. I need sunshine.  I just don't know how farmers do this everyday.  Thankfully our farm doesn't rely on me all the time.  I'm pretty sure we would have gone broke by now. (actually completely sure)  I have so much respect for my Farmer and his work ethic and all other farmers and ranchers for that matter.  Working in what ever the weather brings is what they do.  Come rain or shine the cows have to be feed, or sorted, or checked on.....or put back in.
NEWS FLASH...JUST IN:  Looks like the cows broke down a fence so we have to go put them back in and fix the fence.  Fun.  Ok...I will buck up and do this....at least until lunch time.  Hehe
Thats livin the life,  the farm life that is.

No comments: