Monday, November 7, 2011

Move over, make room for progress...............

So we've gone back to working on the new pivot.  For those that have been following, we have put up the pivot, installed the pipeline to the canal, and now we are putting in the power.  As I mentioned before, there are a lot of objects on the ranch that need to be moved before our pivot can go completely around.  And some of those objects had to be moved yesterday so we could go through with the trencher for the power.  
Some things are old and kind of cool.  I think they will go into my yard for new (or old) yard art.
However, some of the items are old but not that cool.  I believe we will just take them to the scrap yard.
But the more I look at this old red truck, the more I'm thinking that maybe we should keep it.  I'm thinking it reminds me of something from the Pixar movie Cars.  But then when I look around, we have a lot of these old trucks and we probably do not need to keep all of them  Heck, with the price of metal right now, I could probably scrape them all and have enough money to put a darn good down payment on a new pickup truck.
There's a lot of junk in this picture!  And it all has to be moved.  And this is only a small part!  There's the old spud cellar, more trucks, old equipment, and this list goes on and on.  Remember, my Farmers family has been here for 100 years, and they did not throw anything away!  But we did get things moved so the trencher can go through.  But we haven't hauled anything off.  My farmer is figuring on doing that this winter.  Hopefully before the snow gets too deep.  And the more I think about it, I think it is a good idea to scrape all of the old trucks, but instead of a new pickup, I'm thinking I would look better in a new shinny sports car!  Yep, that's what I need.  It would make livin' the farm life wayyyy better.................

No comments: