Friday, July 8, 2011

A Day Off Equals a Shopping Spree............

Yesterday my Farmer gave me the day off.  Yep, that's right, he needed parts and supplies from the valley. (read You know you're married to a farmer when)   I was more than eager to take on this task.  I really did need a day off.  To get the supplies we needed, I had to go to the valley which is about a 2 hour drive.  I went alone and it really was a relaxing day.  First off, I got to listen to my music, had it as loud as I wanted it, and sang as loud as I wanted to for 2 hours down and 2 hours back.  Then the shopping.  I made sure I picked up his supplies first, so I would know how much money it was going to cost.  Then I went shopping for myself; and spent 10% of what the supplies cost.  I think that's fair, don't you?  Some trips I have spent more than 10%, it just depends on what I feel I'm worth that day.  HA!(and maybe what sales I find)  And lastly I got to go out to lunch.  Huge treat for me.  But the funny thing is, while I was sitting in the restaurant waiting for my food, a local couple came in, sat down, the waitress said "what's the special occasion?", and the husband (this is when I knew he was a farmer) said "I needed parts".  HA!  You SO gotta love the farmers and this life..............

No comments: