Friday, June 29, 2012

Celebrating our Anniversary in farmers style..............

My Farmer and I are celebrating our 32 wedding anniversary today.  That seems like a long time.  My Farmers favorite new saying comes to mind, something to do with "it's not a life time, but it feels like holding your breath for 10 minutes under water."  (Nice huh?!  He did steal the saying from our wonderful friend, the inventor of Burgie.)   This is a busy time of year for us so we really never do a whole lot for our anniversary.  I think a couple of times we have gone camping.  If we do go camping, it's usually some place close so my Farmer can come back to the farm and irrigate in the mornings.  Which I am usually just grateful that we are getting away no matter how long.  Last week our friends were camping, we were suppose to join them, however things came up so we were only able to spend one night.  We left here at 5 o'clock in the evening and were back home by 6:30 the next morning to change pipe.  Just barely over 12 hours.  But oh well, we got away.  One year on our anniversary, actually it was our 10th anniversary,  we were putting in a buried pipeline, and I spent the day helping put pipe in the ditch.  He did take me out to a nice dinner at the end of the day, so that kind of made up for it.  But it was memorable, and I still remind him of it, quite often.  And since that year, he does try to make sure not to have a big project going on the exact day.  This year, today, we are running away, taking a trip to the big city.  We might even spend the night, as long as we are back tomorrow morning by 7:00.  Yep, you guessed it, we have supplies to pick up.  But that's ok.  After 32 years, I know the way it works when you are married to a farmer (read this).  Well, I better get going,  we've got a big day planned........breakfast out, stopping at the scrap metal place, lunch, picking up baler twine, buying some oil, Walmart shopping, parts chasing, dinner........should be fun!!



No comments: