Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Winter is Back...

Life's been a little busy around here lately.  Winter started again.  To supplement our farming income, or as I tell my farmer, "to help pay for his farming habit", we have a snow removal business.  So when it snows, we are busy.  We have two tractors with snow blowers on them.  I operate one and my farmer operates the other.  My farmer has been plowing snow for a long time, I however only started about 5 years ago.  I'm getting the just of it, I think.  We usually start at 3:00 in the morning.  THIS is a small problem for me.(will, sometimes big).  I am NOT a morning person.  My farmer, on the other hand, is.  He is always very chipper in the morning, and that seems to make me even grouchier.  But, he has learned to not talk to me in the mornings, and when I am good and ready to communicate, I will call him on the radio to let him know life is good and I have found my chipper self once again.  It so beautiful after a snow storm.  The mountains in the distance against the brilliant blue sky, the trees with their new dusting of snow, and the fields covered with fresh snow glistening under the sun, just totally takes your breath away.  You can't help but find your chipper self once again. However, on the days that the sun doesn't shine and the wind in blowing as it is snowing, takes on a whole different mood.  Anyways, by the time we get done with our route and service the tractors, it is time to feed the cattle.  Once we get the chores done, my farmer and I are totally ready to crash for the night.  So since I have been having to work, I haven't been able to spend my time blogging like I wanted.  Don't you just hate it when work interferes with having fun! lol. But finally I have found the time.  So, I told myself I would learn to post pictures the next time I blogged, so I here goes. 
                                                        Feeding cows


                                              Pete, enjoying the trailer full of hay

                                                       Beautiful sun rise

There, I did it!  I guess that wasn't so hard.  Now I look forward to sharing more of my life through pictures.  My next step is to try and figure out how to post them as my blog back ground.  But that probably won't be for a while, since it is suppose to keep on snowing.  

No comments: