Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Evolution of the Ranch Wife

Tonight, I was thinking about who I was 30 years ago compared to who I am today.  And it made me think of an article that use to hang on my refrigerator for many years that my mother-in-law gave me, probably sometime after my 10th wedding anniversary.  I thought it would be fun to share the article with you.  However, it is no longer on my fridge, (I must have cleaned or something, probably something); so I am just going to wing it, write it in my own words, but you will still get the just of it.  Here goes:  
The Evolution of the Ranch Wife
1st year.....Rancher to wife.........Honey, you just sit here in the pickup while I check the cows.  I love you.
5th year.....Rancher to wife.........Honey, would you mind fixing lunch for the branding crew, there will be about 10 extra for lunch.  You're the best.
10th year...Rancher to wife........Honey, just stand here in front of the gate and don't let that black cow get past you.   You can do it, it's not that hard.
20th year....Rancher to wife......Honey, you need to push the calves up the alleyway faster.  We're burning daylight!
30th year....Rancher to wife......Honey, it's your turn to check the cows.  I did it last night........

I always figured that my Farmer would never do that!   Well, I guess someone was wrong.................
But I'm still livin the Farm/Ranch Life and still lovin it!!  

No comments: