Tuesday, June 21, 2011

After the wedding..............

Well, we made it back from the wedding and it was fantastic!  A long week but well worth it.  So, as I promised, here are pictures of the cakes.

the Groom's cake

the Wedding cake
The grooms cake represents his love for 4-wheeling and his farming background.  I think the cakes turned out pretty darn good, and this is after they were hauled 300 miles!  My mother-in-law is great.  And hauling the Nova up there for the get away car was totally worth it.  There was a huge car show going on in the town were they got married, so it fit right in.  (plus it was cool just hauling t and having everyone look and comment on it everyplace we stopped)  My son was a little worried about it not starting when they went to leave, but the good ole Nova came through and started right up.  Then he did a burn out as they drove away.  It was fantastic!!  The happy couple are now on their honeymoon in Hawaii, and the rest of the family is recuperating. hahaha.   Now that the fun is all over, I guess it is time to get back to farming.  It rained while we were gone, but now the sun is shining and my Farmer is ready to get to work.  During this last week, we were asked a few times if we farmed or ranched.  I guess it confuses everyone because we talk about farming, yet we run cattle.  And I'm thinking I need to blog about this!  So make sure you check back in at the end of the week and (hopefully) I will explain the difference between a farmer and a rancher (my view anyways). 

No comments: