Monday, June 13, 2011

Wedding Prep

We are still getting rained on here, and at least one day a week we wake up to fresh snow.  It is slowly warming up, but not quite fast enough for my Farmer.  We still have a field of new alfalfa to plant, but it's way to wet to plant, so he is a little testy right now.  But on the other hand since it is to wet to farm, and mother nature is doing our irrigating for us, it gives us time to do other things.  Any other year we would probably have taken this opportunity to run away and go camping.  However, we have a special event coming up and are focusing on that.  My youngest son is getting married!!  So exciting!  We have been assigned a few jobs, so this last weekend, we went into "get ready for the wedding" mode.  1st job:  Make wedding cake.    My mother-in-law has been decorating cakes for over 50 years, and lately has been helping me learn the art.  I am really loving it, however, my Farmer tells me that he highly recommends that I DO NOT do it has a new job.  Evidently I get pretty worked up and nervous when I am doing a cake, and I guess I am hard to live with.  But hey, I deal with him when he is that way, so he might just have to learn to deal with it.  HA!  Anyways, the wedding cake and the grooms cake are done and they are in the freezer. I would love to show a picture, but I had better wait until after the wedding, since it is a surprise for the new couple.   2nd job:  Bring the Nova.  For my son's senior project, he restored a 1974 Chevy Nova, and they have decided to use it as the "get away" car. It's been sitting in our garage for 5 years and only makes an outing maybe once a year.  My Farmer has been tuning it up and I spent yesterday cleaning out the inside.  This I can show you a picture. 

Now we just have to find a trailer to haul it on up to the wedding.  And hopefully it gets to go home with the new couple, cuz I really like having that extra space in my garage.   3rd job:  Rehearsal dinner.   Normally just for the wedding party, we are including all family members (both sides) since a lot are from out of town.  This is no big deal, (yet).  We plan parties and feed lots of people all the time, a benefit of having lots of family around.  But it might be a challenge doing it in a different town, at a rented house.  However, we have a wonderful family, and they all have graciously offered to help out, (since they are all invited to the dinner). 
It's going to be a busy, exciting, emotional, crazy, fun week, and I am totally looking forward to it.  Since I know I won't have time to blog again this week, check back in with me next week and see how we survived!   I'll share pictures of the cake! 

No comments: