Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Down time means Domestic duty time............

There's not much going on around our farm these days.  My farmer is delivering hay with the semi-truck and that does not require my help, so that leaves me with time to do my domestic duties.  Which I pretty much hate dislike greatly.  My mother told me as I was growing up that I should never hate anyone or anything, so I came to just dislike greatly those things that I hate.  And one of them is housework.  I would so rather be out helping my Farmer than doing housework.  However, if I don't do the domestic duties, they don't get done. (was that a double negative?)  Now don't get me wrong, my Farmer does help me out around the house.  Just ask him.  However he does drawn the line at;  laundry, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, dishes.......you get it.  Oh wait, I think he did do the dishes one day 5 months ago.  And as far as the laundry, he does create that, and very well I might add.  But that's OK, he does the farm work and I will do the house work. So as I am doing my housework, I'm thinking about my blog and what I can blog about when there's not much happening around here.  And I decided I would share recipes.  Lots of people out there blog about cooking and share recipes so I might as well join in.  My recipes are usually very simple.  If it's not simple, I probably won't make it.  And I am really not into making fancy things.  My Farmer is pretty much a meat and potatoes kind of guy so that's basically my cooking style.  So next time you stop by my blog to check out what's new, if there's not much going on around the farm, I'll be sharing a recipe.  But first I had better finish my housework.  I've been working all summer off of the philosophy, "Don't fret about it, it'll still be there tomorrow".  And yep, the housework is still there, only deeper. 

No comments: