Sunday, October 9, 2011

Losing Weight for a Cow is Different than Losing Weight for a Woman

The Challenge
I found out about a 90 day health challenge a while back and it is awesome!  I took on the challenge and it is one of the best things I have done for myself (and my Farmer) in a long time.  Not only do we feel healthier, we have both lost weight and have more energy.  I am so excited about the results that we have experienced and the results so many others are experiencing that I am sharing it with everyone I know, (and don't know for that matter).  As I am losing weight, I am reminded of a story from a few years back involving my Farmer.  It was one of those times when he should have just thought his thought and not said it out loud, but he did, and it was kind of funny, so here goes.
Where's the duct tape!
We ran into a friend that we hadn't see for a few months and she had lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time.  As my Farmer was visiting with her,  he mentioned something regarding her weight loss.  (I had stepped away, so I was not there with the duct tape.)  He asked her if she was feeling OK, or if she had been sick.  She answered that she was fine.  (In his opinion she didn't need to lose the weight)  Then he continued on with his thoughts.  (This is where the duct tape was needed)  He stated that when he has a cow that losses a lot of weight really fast, it's usually because there's something wrong with her, which means it's time to get rid of her, so she's shipped off to the sale yard.  (See, I told you, duct tape!)
Excuses
I was shocked when he told me he said this to her.  I know he was just joking with her but still!  I informed him that was not a very nice thing to say.  This story became a little joke between me and my Farmer.  It  became the excuse I used as to why I didn't lose weight.  You know, "If I lost weight, my Farmer would just ship me off to the sale yard".  HA!
Losing Weight
Now that I am actually losing weight, this story keeps popping into my head.  My weight has been coming off,  I look healthier, and I actually have more energy.  My farmer seems to like what he sees, and with having more energy I get more work done! (could be why he likes it??)  So, I'm really not worried about being sold off or replaced.  He could never get rid of me THAT easy, cuz  I have come to like it here on the farm.  (After 31 years, I guess it grew on me.)
Lovin' Life
And so, as my saying goes, I'm livin' the life, the farm life that is, and now I'm living the Vi-Life and loving my life even more!


No comments: