Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Being Sick vs Being Brave

Being sick is never fun. Especially if you are the boss. Lucky for me, I am not the boss. When I'm sick, depending on the time of year, and depending on how sick I am, usually, I am fortunate enough to not have to work. My Farmer handles everything just fine without me. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad. Kind of means he really doesn't need me. But yet I know different. Haha.
So yes, a few days ago, I got the day off. I spent half the day in bed and half the day on the couch, with a little running to the "throne" in between. So much fun. But hey, I got out of farm work, house work, and cooking. So it's classified as a day off. Now my Farmer has it. Since he took care of me and did all the chores himself when I was sick, I am trying to do the same for him. I start out by saying.... no worries, I got this handled. However, as the day goes on, I know the truth......I really  DON'T have this!  I depend on HIM! His job his hard!  Mine is easy. I just follow him around and help if and when needed. I don't like being in charge and doing it all. Luckily he filled the feeders for the steers and heifers yesterday, so that doesn't need done. The wagon's even already loaded with tonights hay for the cows so I'm also happy about that. Its almost like he knew he would be taking the day off. Uhmmmm.
The reason I am blogging right now, is I am trying to get my courage up to go out and doctor two new babies that were born this morning. New mommas scare me, as I have stated numerous times. I was successful at getting the new calf that we put in the corral last night to drink a bottle. Just because I was able to get momma into a different part of the corral and lock her away from the baby. Then I'm brave. There's a gate between us. Yet when it comes to doctoring a baby out in the open field, where the momma literally sniffs or blows snot on your back or in your face, as you are sitting on her baby giving him his shots and putting a tag his ear, I am NOT brave. My job usually is to sit back and laughs and take the pictures as they do this to my Farmer. He just ignores them or swats them away. This is what a brave person does. Again, not me. Well, I suppose I have wasted enough time.  My Farmer is still to sick to move and no one else has appeared out of the blue to go take care of the new calves, so I best get on my brave act and go try. There's a really good chance that momma is gonna be really nice and let me take care of the baby with no issues. More then likely, that's how it will be. However, there are those few mommas who are snotty. If she's one of them, then her baby will just have to wait for their Farmer to do it.  And if he gets sick because she didn't let me give him his vaccinations, then thats her fault not mine.  Cuz I am NOT as BRAVE. But maybe some day. Everyday I do get braver, just a little bit. Cuz that's what happens when you are Livin' the Life, the Farm Life that is.....

No comments: