Monday, April 9, 2018

Sunday Drive Rescue........

Our conversation after breakfast,  (I know, I know.  Don't be so shocked. I do do this once ever so often. And yes, it did surprise my Farmer too.  But after all, it was Sunday.  Can't a girl make her Farmer breakfast without everyone wondering why?  Okay fine.......so I needed to butter him up a bit. No big deal. You'll learn why.)  Anyways, back to our conversation.......

My Farmer >  I'm gonna take the pickup and go drive around and check on things.

Me >  I'll ride with you. 

My Farmer >  Ok.  Get ready.

As I'm getting ready, I decide to make me a cup of tea to go.

My Farmer >  Are you making a cup of tea?

Me > Yes, why?

My Farmer >  Do you think this is a frickin' Sunday drive or something?

Me > Uhhh. Duh!  We ARE driving in the pickup and it IS Sunday!

My Farmer >  O.K. Fine.  He says through a grin as he walks out the door. 

Gotta love my Farmer.  😃
Then as we are driving down the road, he learns why I fixed him a nice big hot breakfast.

Me >  Would we have time to go get my 4-wheeler unstuck?

Yep, when I was doing my midnight cow check, I went through some snow that was a little to deep.  You know; in the dark it is really hard to tell how deep that crap is.  Anyways, long story short, of course this happened at the far end of the field, so I had to walk back.  I was not a very happy person.  Now remember when I talked about being brave checking the cows in the middle of the night because I was on an ATV.  Well I remembered that last night! as I headed back through the field, without my ATV, on foot, in the pitch black night, with a flash light that was almost dead, and a small headlamp on my head.  As the cows started getting a little restless, I realized that they could only see the headlamp coming at them and it might have been freaking them out a bit.  I started freaking out a bit! I am sooo not brave without my ATV.  So I jumped over the fence and walk the rest of the way to the barn on the road.  Waaaay less scary there. 
I am not driving through any snowbanks tonight and I am making sure my flashlight is fulling charged.  You should always learn from your mistakes, when you are Livin' the Life, the Farm Life that is............

No comments: